To make sure every bus trip is a good one, we ask you to live by some simple rules.
Bus etiquette for public transport in Canterbury
Watch this fun video and learn about bus etiquette when riding the Metro bus in Canterbury. The video covers everything you need to know from signalling the bus driver, eating on the bus to how to use your Metrocard.
You have the right to:
- be treated with respect
- friendly and courteous service
- a safe, clean and comfortable travelling environment
You are responsible for:
- respecting other peoples' rights
- paying the correct fare
- following any reasonable instructions from the driver and/or another company representative
- good behaviour
- telling us if you see anyone damaging the bus
This means that you will not:
- threaten, bully, harass other people on the bus
- swear or use bad language
- eat, drink, smoke or vape on the bus
- tag, graffiti or damage the bus in any way
If you don't comply with the code of conduct, it may result in prosecution and/or removal of your right to use the bus.
Feedback or enquiries?
We welcome your feedback and enquiries.This could be about our services, buses or any aspect of your travel. Find our contact details here.